to announce five small grants to support blood volunteer groups who are going out of their way to
blood donors as well as help folks in need of blood during this pandemic.
We seek to support Nepal based volunteer organizations with activities that measurably improve donor motivation and retention. Our collaboration and grant will also focus on “safety protocol” compliance to promote donor care and experience during this crisis.
In addition to financial support, grant recipients will be provided with design and content editing support for their efforts on awareness. They will receive support to publish their work and stories through Hamro LifeBank’s platform.
Efforts on donor motivation for continued blood collection to avoid dry blood banks
Compliance of safety protocol for donor care and experience
Efforts on blood management for patient care with factual information on blood availability without spreading unnecessary fear and noise
Efforts on online/offline campaigns to motivate healthy folks to donate
- Grants are worth NRs. 25,000 to NRs. 50,000 depending on the need and scope of the project. Upto 5
grantees will be funded.
- The grant period will be administered for 2 months. Half of the grant amount will be disbursed in the first month and the other half in the second month.
- Grant applications are made through an online application.
- Grantees are required to submit a weekly update of their number of blood collection/management and motivation campaigns within the two month period.
- Grantees are required to enforce safety protocol (provided by HLB) in any and all blood collection events they conduct.
- Grantees are required to share at least 2 donor/patient stories - photos and details of donation/help every week.
- Hamro LifeBank will support with design and content as needed in the 2 months. HLB will also publish the grantees' work in HLB’s platform.
- Grantee organizations are responsible for their team’s personal safety.
- Grants are open to organizations/volunteer groups in Nepal only.
- Deadline for applications - June 10, 2020.
- Namelist of selected grantees will be published on World blood donor day- 14 June, 2020 in the website of Hamro Lifebank.